| Faction: |
- "The emergence of this Glaurung is disturbing. If she, or her kid, is anything like Arawn Losstarot, it takes precedence over any other matters of state. Arawn was the biggest bastard ever born."
- —Leon Alcibiates about Glaurung Losstarot and her ancestor
Warlady Glaurung Losstarot is a charismatic knight who is the leader of the Libaterran Rebels and the overall commander of the Crimson Coalition. She worked in the shadows for some time until she finally formed the Crimson Coalition in Trinity Gask in 11 AOE to oppose the growing power of the Grand Alliance and the Magicracy of Alent. She is a direct descendant of the famous warlords Sydney and Arawn Losstarot and the mother of Hannibal. She has currently been kidnapped by Duchess Vaetris L'andariel's forces.
Not much is known about Glaurung's past, but this mysterious aura is partly what makes her so charming in many soldiers' minds. Many people assume that she grew up as an ordinary peasant or maybe some bitter noble who eventually discovered her heritage as a Losstarot. She gave birth to Hannibal Losstarot before her first public appearance, but no one knows who Hannibal's father is, and she has refused to explain it to anyone.
- "Glaurung is up to something, and I need to figure out what she's planning before it's too late."
- —The Khan of the Khitans a moment before Glaurung's surprise attack
Glaurung first appeared on a campaign around the time of the Great War to terrorize the Khitan Khanate with a group of mercenaries who were collectively referred to as the Fang. She had been employed by Belial de Ardyn of the Order of the Black Rose to do this, but very few individuals knew it at the time. She had a mole in Maar Sul City who provided her with vital information about the movements of the Grand Alliance, and she utilized this information to force the Alliance to temporarily retreat from the Khanate.
As time passed and the Alliance got reinforcements, Glaurung realized that the growing strength of the Alliance was too much for her to handle. She retreated from the Khitan territory to Trinity Gask where she remained and eventually took control of the Rebels with her charisma and cunning. She formed the Vulfsatz at this time and sent her closest subordinates Endoran L'Sarius, Leopold Lain and Orestes to draft people to their ever-growing army while she led her mercenaries in a battle against the Faerfolc who had been terrorizing Libaterrans. She would remain around Trinity Gask for the next few years as she helped to organize and grow her army slowly but surely.
Echoes of War
- "Arawn and Sydney were powerful but despite their power they lacked the unity of a true alliance. However, with this Crimson Coalition on my side, I shall succeed where my ancestors failed! This shall be a war that will end all wars, and my son and I shall lead us to victory!"
- —Glaurung addressing her soldiers
Glaurung met with representatives of various factions such as the Clergy of Nergal, the Proninist Party and the Totenkopfs in 11 AOE. After long negotiations, the groups finally came under agreement that they had to do something to oppose the growing power of the Grand Alliance which threatened their existence, and so they formed the Crimson Coalition with Glaurung as the overall commander.
1,000 Scuns appeared in Trinity Gask some time later, and Glaurung was shocked to hear that the Scuns would be joining the Coalition. While she was busy dealing with the Scuns, Hannibal was kidnapped, and the ransom note which had been left behind was so ambiguous that it could point at both Alent and Maar Sul. Glaurung was furious to hear about her son's kidnapping, but she realized that she should first gather her forces and wait to hear more about the new Grand Alliance before she would make her move.
A Crimson Dawn
- "You! You've been working with those Maar Sulais bastards--what have they done with Hannibal?"
- "I know nothing about your brat, only that you've upset some very powerful people and they want you dead."
- "You think I'll believe that? You don't know who you're fucking with. Take this back to your masters: You kill him, you kill yourself, you motherfuckers! GIVE ME BACK MY SON!"
- —Glaurung and Maple Mallorein
Glaurung began to speed up the organizing of her troops. She knew that the armies of the Grand Alliance and Alent would strike soon, so everything had to be ready so that her forces could hold their own on both fronts. However, as she was inspecting her new Scun regiment, she was attacked by Maple Mallorein, the Princess of Scundia, who had been hiding among the Scuns.
Maple explained that someone wanted to see Glaurung dead and that Glaurung would not live for long. Her Shamanic magic did not seem to affect Glaurung at all, though, and Glaurung demanded to know more about her son as she began her brutal counterattack. Maple realized that the assassination had failed and teleported away. However, she left Glaurung with a warning that the battle would be far from over.
Tears of the Sun
Glaurung acted quickly after the assassination attempt. She used her spies to contact The Three and hired them to stall and cause damage to the heroes of the Grand Alliance in any way possible. This contract included three such sabotage missions, one of which happened to be the Alliance's attempted liberation of Vanna. Glaurung also approved the sending of a few Totenkopfs to Vanna to negotiate with Sultana Adela al-Saif in hopes of getting her to join the Coalition.
The Winds of Wrath
- "I want you to carry this weapon as a symbol of our wrath against Alent. What better weapon to oppose them with than the very one which was once in the possession of the Royal Family of Alent thousands of years ago?"
- —Glaurung giving the switchblade scythe to Leopold Lain
Leopold visited Glaurung and Endoran in Trinity Gask briefly while he was inspecting the new reinforcements. The war with Alent was getting messier but Leopold's forces had been advancing steadily until the Alentian army led by Omaroch d'Zarnagon had forced them to a standstill. Glaurung ceremoniously gave Leopold the switchblade scythe with which Arawn Losstarot had once defeated Leon Alcibiates. This acted as a symbol of Leopold's loyalty to the Coalition's ideals as well as his title as the Fist of Losstarot.
Endoran briefed Glaurung about the status of the Vulfsatz and the Three. After hearing the news, Glaurung sent her couriers to deliver new orders to the Three: they would infiltrate Alent and spy on any information as well as disrupt any of Alent's plans if possible.
More info later.
More info later.
Aliases and Nicknames
- A title used by Glaurung's subordinates.
- There are persisting rumours in the Coalition's ranks that Glaurung is in fact not her real name but only an alias which she uses to conceal her true identity.
- A title used by Glaurung's subordinates.
- "I wonder if she's hot."
- —Briss Phoenixheart about Glaurung
Glaurung is almost always clad in green armour and helmet which obscures her face. Some tales say that she slew a dragon and used the dragon's scales to make the armour, and she has neither denied nor verified these claims. Underneath all that armour and cold attitude is a beautiful brown-haired and blue-eyed woman in her thirties.
Personality and Traits
- "Sweetie, if you're watching this, I love you."
- —Glaurung to Hannibal Losstarot
Glaurung has a rather cold attitude when she is dealing with pretty much everyone. The only one who seems to melt her heart is her only son Hannibal who means everything to her.
Powers and Abilities
- "This woman was using the strangest mixture of magics she'd ever encountered. There were elements of every kind of magic, shamanic included, all in one big chaotic mess."
- —Maple Mallorein about Glaurung
Glaurung is an expert swordswoman because she has been training under various masters, including ones from the Order of the Black Rose. She also knows how to use various types of magic, but her control over those is rather chaotic. She is a skilled knight, though, and can easily hold her own against multiple opponents.
Endoran was one of the first people to appear around Glaurung when she made herself known. Endoran acts as Glaurung's advisor but has often stood by her side in battle when needed. Rumours persist that Endoran is in fact a vampire but such rumours are yet to be proven true. The two banter occasionally but seem to have respect for one another and are quite close.
Hannibal is Glaurung's sunshine. She wants to raise him to become a good ruler, and she has intensified his training in order to weed out kindness and replace it with brutal efficiency. Despite this she loves him dearly, and the feeling is mutual. Hannibal may be a bit mischievous at times, but she respects his mother and wants to grow strong in order to protect her from her enemies.
Leopold was surprised to discover that he was related to the Lain family which eventually bred Arawn Losstarot and that he and Glaurung thus had a common ancestor. He saw Glaurung as a useful commander who might help restore Libaterra to its former glory. Leopold used the knowledge he had learned as a Rebel warrior to train Glaurung and thus became one of her closest underlings. This eventually paid off as Glaurung made Leopold one of her top generals. Glaurung sees Leopold as an extension to her will and a valuable comrade-in-arms.
There is a deep respect between Glaurung and Orestes, the leader of the current incarnation of the Vulfsatz. Some claim that there might even be a romance, but both have denied such claims. According to some rumours, Orestes was one of Glaurung's lieutenants during her campaign in the Khitan Khanate. However, the only thing that is known for sure is that Orestes will continue to serve Glaurung loyally until the day he dies and that Glaurung will always trust in Orestes's judgement.